Where the Wild Things Are

January 9, 2010

I don't think I can fully express my love and appreciation for this film. I've always been a fan of the classic children's story but until seeing the film, I never understood the complexity and beauty of the story. Probably not appropriate for children under age 7 or 8, as the film is extremely heavy emotionally. I will say that this is not a film for just children. Spike Jonez's adaptation explores raw emotion, human behavior, complex relationships and human exploration all amazingly. I sat in the movie theater and cried watching it, and remember thinking, how am I crying over the relationship this boy has with a "wild thing"? Aside from the emotion you feel when watching, the beauty of the film visually is breathtaking.

As a side note, the soundtrack by Karen O and the Kids is absolutely awesome. My itunes has it on repeat :)



Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY-dXsR_ZFg&feature=channel

1 COMMENTS:

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger