Work: Push Pinning

January 11, 2010

Remember my very first blog post? (A depiction of the Montessori Classroom) Of course you do, but just in case you do not, I talked about what you might see in a typical Montessori classroom. The "work" I chose to depict was something called push pinning. I realize it is hard to understand and visualize what the heck I'm talking about so below are a few pictures of the work.
Materials needed:
Tray
Mouse pad or carpet square
Push pin
Construction paper with outlined picture

The kids absolutely love this work! It is great for so many reasons: 1. Focus, precision and concentration. 2. Practice of the three finger grasp for writing readiness and 3. honing fine motor skills.



4 COMMENTS:

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger