Brush those teeth!

February 1, 2010


photo credit Cheryl Senter for The New York Times

I'm pretty sure I love the new addition to the preschool routine in Massachusetts. It has some parents in a tizzy that their child should brush their teeth at school, one parent saying "I don't want someone's hand in my child's mouth". Im just going to point out that the children are brushing their own teeth and the "someone" would be their teacher but I suppose thats beside the point. Not only does it teach the importance of oral hygiene but it also encourages independence. If there were to be a "montessori" way of doing it, the kids would probably be able to go to the sink and mirror and brush on their own time but in a more regulated, traditional preschool classroom group brushing is what your stuck with. Either way, I'm on board with it! Follow the link for the full story. http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/29/education/29brush.html?ref=education
What do you think?

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger