OUR LAST DAY TOGETHER

May 25, 2012

The last day of school is always a bittersweet day for me- I'm so anxious for two days of the week to be free again- working on whatever projects I have going on, and on the other hand, I know i'll miss my little guys so so much.  Seeing the same little faces week after week creates such a bond, it's hard for me to just accept the realization that it's over- cold turkey.  Thankfully, ALL of my students this past year will be coming back to my class next year! I already can't wait to see how much they've grown.  Yesterday for our last day of class celebration we ate donuts, had a dance party, played outside and....learned the decimal system!? So funny, the materials for the decimal system have been on our shelves the entire year and until yesterday they showed no true interest. Funny how that works- Anyways, I showed one little girl the materials, explained each unit and off she went, totally understanding every complex part- smarty pants.  I'll be excited to pick back up next fall where we've left off. Kids are awesome.

1 COMMENTS:

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger