DEAR RUTHIE

March 14, 2013

(don't mind my dirty mirror :)

Baby girl. My sweet girl. It's been a while since Ive written you , almost 3 months to be exact and my how things have changed.  Tomorrow you will be 6 weeks old and I just can't believe how much you have grown and how much happiness you've brought into this already happy home.  You really are such a good baby.  We took to each other right away and thankfully adjusted to a routine at home as soon as we welcomed you into it.  You are just starting to smile and smirk at things- not 100% yet but I'm sure I've caught you smiling a time or two at mama's silly noises and kisses to your belly and little hands.  You loved to be snuggled and while you can't totally hold your little head up on your own you love to be sitting up so  you can see the world around you. Your eyes- oh my goodness, your eyes! They are so big and bright and when you are fully awake I can't take my own eyes off your precious big eyes! They're blue like daddy's but they're shaped like mine- everyone says you're my mini me. It's hard to see myself in you but I take it as the biggest compliment because baby, you're so beautiful. 

Soon you will be smiling and laughing and babbling like crazy.  I can not wait to hear what your little pip-squeak of a voice will sound like but in the meantime I am cherishing what little newborn time we have left.  Our days together are so dang cherished and I love that we've gotten into such a good groove with one another.  We snuggle in bed until late morning and then when we're both ready you lay in the bathroom while I shower taking in the bright lights and sound of running water.  We get you dressed and think of some reason to get out of the house for a couple hours.  We usually nap late in the afternoon and when daddy gets home he swoops you up for all the snuggles he missed out on while he was away at work.  

It's fun to think about what kind of little person you will be.  I can already tell that you are going to be good natured and laid back, sweet and kind hearted.  You are who you are and I'm so fortunate to be the one who gets to help nurture your spirit.  

I cannot believe how lucky I am to be your mama and spend my days with you.  I swear I've loved you for a million years.....

8 COMMENTS:

  1. Just beautiful, Lindsay! What a precious baby girl you have, and you've managed to find the perfect words to match. I am so excited for this time of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet. it's amazing how you can tell what kind of temperament a child will have just after a few short weeks. i know my son is going to be a little rambunctious but also a mamas' boy ;) congrats on making it 6 weeks! many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful letter, Lindsay. I'm so glad you two have found your groove. She's so precious! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ziva says you look very different with your haircut. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and even better moment captured. And by the way, great sweater. Mind if i ask where it's from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just the sweetest letter. I love the part about "welcomed you into this already happy home." I love the acknowledgment of what a happy life you and your husband created. She is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love you and your little sweet lucky baby! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet, she is adorable! and i can definitely see the mini-me-ness! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger