MONTESSORI AT HOME

May 7, 2013

I've just begun to transform our upstairs nook into a montessori space for Ru and I'm so excited about the possibilities and experiences she'll have in her very own play / learning space. I'm excited to share the transformation here in the coming months. Right now we are limited in the things we can do with Ru because she's still so young but she does seem to enjoy tummy time in front of her baby level mirror much more than without it and loves looking at simple shapes and colors. Her play gym, that I've talked about before, is the perfect thing for her right now. 

Within the next few months I plan to introduce her to some simple wooden toys like these and continue to build and grow our space as she does the same. I'm also super interested in creating some sort of directed play group at my house for my friends with babies around Ru's age once they are a bit older and able to actually play a bit. I love the idea of a weekly get together where our kids are able to socialize and play in an environment specifically set up for them. Does anyone do anything similar with your own friends? I'd love to hear what types of play groups work well for you and your kids!

7 COMMENTS:

  1. I just recently discovered your blog and I really like it! I have been interested in the Montessori style but didn't know that is what it was! You have given me some direction as far as what I want for my child's play/education. My little boy is 6 months old and I wish I had friends interested in this sort of thing. Sadly, most of my friends think I'm sooooo "different". Anyway, thank you and enjoy that little Ru!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori! I'm so glad you stumbled onto my blog! Hopefully you'll be able to get some ideas as I get further into our montessori at home journey. I think you should just do what feels right for your baby and not worry about what others think!

      Delete
  2. Erlend has that wooden rattle and he loves it! We'd be down for play dates when the girls are both in school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just ordered that entire set of little wodden toys. Hopefully she's into them :) Play date sounds good to me!

      Delete
  3. i wish we had kids around william's age here. there's one who's only a few months older but she's walking and william is terrified of her. so, no play groups for us :( hopefully when we move there will be other kids around to play! who knows, we might be moving to cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, that's a bummer. My friends all just started having babes so it seems there are plenty little ones around here which I am so thankful for. You might be moving to Cincinnati!? That's awesome! Let me know if you need neighborhood suggestions or anything like that!

      Delete
  4. I am extremely impreѕsed with your wrіtіng skills as well aѕ ωith
    the layout on уour ωeblog. Is thiѕ a paid theme or did
    you moԁify it уοurself? Eitheг ωay
    keep uр the excellent quality wгiting, it is rare to see a nice blog likе this one nοwadaуs.


    Visіt my web-sіte; abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger