BROOKLYN PART 1

June 26, 2013

IMG_8860
IMG_8865
Hey there! We just got home from our long weekend in Brooklyn and gosh we had a good time. It was so fun having Ruthie in the city and watching our best friends meet her for the first time. We spent the entire weekend in Brooklyn, never stepping foot in Manhattan. As an ex Brooklynite, this is something I always feel so happy about when we visit the city. Nothing against Manhattan- I think it's great but I'm a Brooklyn girl and love that a trip to New York for us means spending our time in our favorite BK neighborhoods. Of course our first stop was to the Brooklyn Flea where we browsed and grabbed our favorite lunch of dominican quesadilla's.  We were able to find some really cool old arrows that we plan to hang in our family room and I was thiiis close to buying a new area rug. There were too many amazing ones to choose from, I couldn't decide! We also explored the new Brooklyn bridge park expansion which is absolutely beautiful and watched a lot of little cuties ride the carousel that sits in the park right on the riverfront. I had high hopes of riding it with Ru but she decided a nap in the stroller was more important. I agreed. I have a few more photo's I want to share so stay tuned tomorrow for more on our Brooklyn trip. 

6 COMMENTS:

  1. glad you had a good trip! i always upload my photos to flickr and then paste the html code into blogger. image quality is great and photos can remain private. looking forward to seeing you soon.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, that's the trick! thanks! I'm on it.

      Delete
  2. What a sweet family vacation! I will always love the idea of traveling and exploring with just Levi, of course...but there is something about sharing a vacation with your children. It's the best and I live for our new adventures together now! Fun summer you all have ahead of you! Can't wait to see you again. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! My travels with Nick pre baby were beyond fantastic and I know when we travel alone again in the future it will be amazing to experience something just us again but adventuring with your children is dreamy. I love the idea of showing our kids the world.

      Delete
  3. Such great photos! You'll definitely have to come back to Brooklyn and ride the carousel with Ru. It's so much fun, perhaps more for us than them at the moment. I've taken my little guy once so far but looking forward to going again when he's a bit older so he can really engage and enjoy it (our babies share a birthday!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun! February 2 sure is a special day :) Next time we're there, we'll definitely be on that carousel!

      Delete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger