WE HAD A DATE

June 11, 2013

Last week Nick and I ventured out for an official first date since Ruthie was born. Babysitter, cocktails, dinner reservations and all! I feel so fortunate that we live in the same city as our families and can feel 100% confident that Ruthie is being well taken care of when we are away from her. That alone helped put any anxieties I was feeling at ease and allowed me to just enjoy a night out alone with my husband. I kind of forgot what it's like to be out with Nick without Ruthie and gosh it was nice to just reconnect and talk about any and everything under the sun. I realized in the middle of our dinner how important these types of nights will be for our relationship. I think it's good to remember that before there were kids there was just us, and when it comes right down to it, what makes a happy home is a happy family and you can't have that if the parents don't put one another first sometimes. 

We were excited to get back home after a sufficient amount of drinks, sushi, dessert and hand holding so we could squeeze and smooch our little girl, but I think we both went to bed that night feeling refreshed and giddy. I love my husband. 

1 COMMENTS:

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger