WARBY PARKER + DONORSCHOOSE.ORG

July 25, 2013


I'm super excited today to help kick off the launch of Warby Parker's collaboration with DonorsChoose.org. When Warby Parker asked if I'd like to help spread the word I gladly agreed. If you aren't familiar with Warby, they design and sell some of the slickest frames and eyeglasses out there. If I wore glasses these would for sure be the brand I'd sport. I also fell a bit in love with Donors Choose after reading up on it. It's sort of like Kickstarter for public school teachers and as a teacher myself, I couldn't resist the chance to share a really unique platform to help teachers find the funding they need to provide their students with great projects and activities. I myself have often thought of a great project idea i'd love to do with my students but am always reluctant to spend my own money for the materials i'd need. In comes DonorsChoose.org where teachers now have the ability to plan some amazing things for their students and not have the burden of financing it too. Costs can be as small as some new colored pencils to as large as a few hundred dollars so a class of kids can build a solar system together. Really, the project ideas are awesome (and endless.)

This specific eyeglass is called The Gardner and it was created exclusively in partnership with Donors Choose. So cool! To shop the collection visit WARBYPARKER.COM/DONORS-CHOOSE. Here's the really awesome thing; with every $95.00 frame purchased, $30.00 will be donated to a project of your choosing and as always for every pair of glasses sold a pair is distributed to someone in need. So go on- buy some eyeglasses, donate to a school project, feel really good about it. Yay!

7 COMMENTS:

  1. Thanks for spotlighting this. I run a DonorsChoose giving page. Right now there are 38 wonderful classrooms that need help. (None are my own.) http://www.donorschoose.org/K-Rocks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to spread the word. I think it's wonderful!

      Delete
  2. Great article! Thanks so much for spreading the word about the DonorsChoose.org x Warby Parker partnership!

    Best,
    Margie, DonorsChoose.org Marketing Team

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger