WHAT MAKES A HOME

August 22, 2013

If you are a normal reader around here you know I have been going through some (silly) discontentment with my home. One day I'll wake up and want to move and the next I can't believe I  ever thought leaving this house would be a good idea. Today I love my house. I love the layout, the front porch, the amount of space, the exposed brick, the exterior color, my kitchen, the way the light shines through early evening. I got to thinking about what really makes a home. Is it all of those things or is it actually the way you feel when you are inside? The people who occupy the home with you and the memories you make together within it's walls? 

I love this house because this is where we set roots and became three. Where we have hosted baby showers, bridal showers, family meals, brunch with friends and where family has come when things were rough. Home really is where the heart is - my people are here, this is my home. 

ps. We are getting ready to lay new floors. Don't you just love this dark, rustic floor? I go back and forth between wanting a light stain and dark. (go figure!) 

4 COMMENTS:

  1. We just bought our first home and are so excited to start making memories like this! We've moved every year till now and one of our favorite parts about owning a home is the fact that we potentially won't have to ever move. It's too big for us now, but it's a house we can grow into as a family and make memory after memory!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel you on this. With two littles (1.5 and 4 year old) I feel the house is bursting at the seams, and I want to move every other day. Then my hubby, and sometimes the house itself will whisper sweet nothings to me about it: both babies came to this house, this is our first house, where else can you feel this contentment? Today I also love my house, and on the days I want to move, I find myself falling in love with what we already have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never felt like this. I remember I was standing their every time with workers when they were building my house. The Bancrete- precast concrete and everything I still remember. May be this is the reason I feel complete at my home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger