A YEAR GONE BY

January 31, 2014

My girl is turning ONE on Sunday and I don't think I've yet wrapped my head around it. Tomorrow (this time last year) was the day I was told I'd be induced and that our baby girl would be here by the end of the weekend. The excitement, happiness and fear were overwhelming and I can remember crying happy and scared tears on and off all day long. Had I known then what the next year would be like there would not have been an ounce of fear in me. The past 363 days have been the happiest, hardest, intensely loving, most gut wrenching days of my life and I would not change a single one of them for anything in this world.  (More on all of that next week :) 

We are throwing her a little party on Sunday with some family and friends and when I'm not a weepy mess about it all, I'm super excited that all the special people in her life will be around to wish her a happy day. 

And tonight, Nick and I are going on a date where we will actually be able to sit down together and have a drink without having to keep a stock pile of straws on hand to occupy some little girl we know. We're going to look at some art, grab something to eat and heck, we may even hold hands :) I'm so excited to celebrate a year of parenthood (and marriage) with that man of mine. 

I'll be back next week with birthday party pictures and a 12 month letter to my baby girl. I still can't believe it.

Have a great weekend!

5 COMMENTS:

  1. I completely know this feeling all too well. you wonder where the time went, and how it flew by so fast. one is a huge milestone! happy birthday to your little one, and have a great time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, sweet Ruthie!

    Great site redesign, by the way!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to cry!!!! cheers to a wonderful year and many many more to come!!! Love my Dewalds!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Ruthie. My son is turning 2 tomorrow and we're having a party for him today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, the first birthday is a crazy emotional roller coaster ride. enjoy every second of your celebrations! what a lovely idea to go on a date! i'm definitely stealing that idea ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger