IN 2014

January 2, 2014

I always like to write this post each year - the first of a new season of life and a chance to write out some goals and hopes. It's nice to have this space for the accountability and I'm more excited for this year than I have been about years past. I feel like I worked a lot of kinks out the past couple of years and am now in a happy place of contentment which was always my struggle. Motherhood really did a number on me in the contentment department and I'm so thankful for it. This coming year I have a few personal and business goals that I'm excited to get to work on. Here we go.

Start something completely new and on my own. I have been thinking of a new business idea that i'm excited to share once a few more details are worked out. For Nick and I's anniversary he gifted me a book where he wrote 50 things he loves about me, wants to see me accomplish, etc. and one of them was, "I'd love to see you start something new." I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since October. 

Take this blog to the next level. It is such a wonderful place for me to come to each day and I look forward to writing and sharing everyday. I have been so incredibly surprised and grateful for how much this little space has grown over the past few months especially, and am ready to step it up. I am working on a bit of rebrand / redesign with a graphic designer friend and I'm so excited for the final product! 

Collaborate with more people. Work on creative projects out of my comfort zone.

Be present with Ruthie. She is growing so fast and requiring so much attention. She deserves it all and I want to be the mother that she deserves.

Take more trips. 

Put as much passion into The City Flea as I did 3 years ago when we first started the market. It is one of my most favorite things about this life we live and I don't ever want to take for granted the fact that we have grown our little business into what it is today. We are lucky.

Put time and effort into each of my relationships. I don't want to be afraid to wear my heart on my sleeve with the people in my life. Whether family or friends I've chosen, these are the people we live life with and I want to always live fully with them. 

That's it. I'm ready for ya, 2014! I have a feeling it's going to be a good one. 

image. text made by me, with the over app.

1 COMMENTS:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about your "something new". I'm sure it will be fabulous! XO Renee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger