A FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY

February 2, 2014

It's safe to say today was a pretty fun and special day. We still can't believe this girl of ours is one but it seems that she just keeps on growing and keeps on getting smarter and more silly and more fun and even sweeter (if that's possible.) as the days pass so I guess it's true. We have a one year old!  Our house was filled with grandparents and aunts and uncles and friends and it was the perfect way to celebrate our girl and all the wonderfulness this past year has brought.

You might remember my birthday party inspiration post from a couple weeks ago and see that I threw those idea's totally out the window (except for the crown) and went with bright colors, which is so not like us. I'm happy with the way everything turned out and am glad I just went with it. I don't think Ruthie minded the change of plans :)

For those that are curious, Ruthie's mini cake and our guest cake came from Brown Bear Bakery (and they were totally amazing.) The highchair is a vintage chair purchased from a local estate auction. Ruthie's little crown was made by me just using some felt and a leather strap. Her romper is Tea from local boutique, the spotted goose and the mugshot prints hanging in our dining room are from Larken Design


6 COMMENTS:

  1. How sweet! My little guy turns one in may it's bittersweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these photos are adorable! happy birthday ruthie!

    ps your hair looks fabulous! gives me hope that mine will grow back soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Amazing pictures and very beautifully captured I must say. Of course the first year of a child's birthday is filled with many milestones and all the parents love to celebrate it in their own style. Parents love to celebrate the first birthday with an extravagant party and a fun and funky first birthday outfit. When my small Bob turned up to one, I also celebrated his birthday party in the same way. I chose “Bob the builder” cartoon character theme and I also ordered special balloons, shaped in the same cartoon character. The balloons were ordered from http://postalflowers.ie/balloons/birthday-balloons.html. Along with this, the party venue was decorated with colorful ribbons and paper cartoon characters. My son was also dressed accordingly. It was fun and exciting to celebrate the birthday in a special organized theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the information. In birthday parties if you hire coolroom then this gives an advantage to your food.
    coolroom trailer hire melbourne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger