FATHERS AND DAUGHTERS

March 29, 2014

I just can not get over these photo's of my two loves. Sneaky Nick and our incredibly wonderful and talented friend Gina from Kiwi Street Studio's had a little shoot at our house one afternoon while I was away.  The idea was to capture the sweet relationship between a daughter and her father because really, isn't there something so special about that particular relationship?  The timing was perfect as these were shot just before her first birthday and I think Nick loved the idea of celebrating a year of being a papa. They are perfect in every way and I'm just so so thankful to have the husband (and daughter) that I do. 

Nick also wrote Ruthie a letter that is published on Gina's site. I of course was a sobbing ball of a human reading it and can't believe how lucky I am to have this man father our children. He is the best example of goodness I can think of. 


Thank you times a million to Gina for capturing these sweet images that I will forever cherish!


3 COMMENTS:

  1. These are so sweet. It's not shown here but on the photographer's website, and my favorite one is where Ruthie is sitting on Nick's lap in front of the tee-pee. Such sweetness. I think you should make wallpaper out of these LOL Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick's letter brought me to tears. I can only imagine the state you would have been in reading that.

    Its so warming to read a father's perspective on his child and watching the love he has for them. I know many people, including myself, that grew up with broken fathers who didn't know how to express themselves and be open. Letters like this I think are a good way for men/fathers to show their love and their care to the people living around them. If only all men would be open to this idea.

    What a lucky woman you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are beautiful! i definitely get all mushy when i see my husband playing with our kids. it's just a really special thing to see :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger