BEING A MOM

April 3, 2014

I had one of those moments today, where I looked over at my daughter and thought, 'Oh my gosh, she is mine. That baby sitting right there is mine. Why did I get to be the lucky one?' I don't often have this thought because it seems like we are always busy doing our days. You know, nothing fancy, just the ordinary routines of being home, raising a child. Today was different in that my girl was sick and it felt like our first real sick day, full of legitimate cuddling, cartoon watching, napping and book reading. It was sort of like she realized that if she would just let her little body slow down and relax she would feel better. So that's what she did. Although I knew she didn't feel 100% she was still her sweet, pleasant, smiley self and I not so secretly loved every second of it. She wrapped her little arms around my neck and squeezed so many times today I thought I would burst. It was as if she was saying 'thank you for taking care of me, mama.' We kept our jammies on all day, laid on a floor of blankets while Daniel Tiger was on, took 4 (4!) naps, one bath and a shower, ran the wash machine 3 times (thank you stomach bug) and quiet honestly (and oddly) this was one of my favorite days by far. I felt like the epitome of a mom and after 14 months of motherhood, it feels really  good to have days where the simplest things are also the most meaningful.

2 COMMENTS:

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger