HELLO NEW YEAR

January 5, 2015

I've just taken down all our holiday decorations, tidied the entire house, my little girl is sleeping peacefully in her room, I'm sipping on my second cup of coffee and I'm finally sitting down to think about personal, family and business goals for the coming year. To be honest with you, today feels really, really good. The air is much much cooler today than it has been in weeks and it is almost as if the crisp air that's rolled in is our chance to breathe in - start fresh, a new. 

I'm more excited about this coming year than I have been about years past and really, I think it's just because life feels really nice right now. You know, just one of those seasons we all wish would stay forever. Our family is planning a really big move and how all those plans will unfold is exciting and has made us really think about the way we live - the 'things'  in our house, what kind of family we are building and how we want to feel community in our every day. This year I've set a few fun and personal goals of practicing yoga each week and learning to play the guitar but I think more than anything, I want my goals to revolve around my family. I want my husband to know he is my priority and I want my daughter to feel encouraged, supported and loved. I want us to continue to grow as a family (literally and figuratively) and I want to build into our community, together as a family. If our home plans come to fruition, we are doing something extremely non traditional and I want our daughter to learn from it - that sometimes scary things reap the most rewards and that living a life within the standard guidelines doesn't have to be for everyone. I need the reminder sometimes too.

So here is to 2015. A year for building into community, growing family, living intentionally, and never being afraid of the adventure. 

2 COMMENTS:

  1. Thank you so much for this post, Lindsay. In response to your honesty in your previous post about not knowing where you want this blog to go, I want to let you know how much I enjoy reading your words here. I agree that the Instagram community can offer something special, but I still find myself even more drawn to this collection of essays, these written vignettes of life. Thank you for sharing, for as long as it feels right to do so. Best wishes for a 2015 abundant with blessings for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlin! You are always have words of encouragement and I so appreciate it. Happy New Year!

      Delete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger