OUR CITY HOUSE

February 25, 2016

About a year ago I started a new Instagram account with the handle, @OURCITYHOUSE. We had quietly been working on a dream of ours to design and build our own home in the middle of the city and I knew I wanted a place to not only document my passion for motherhood but the process of building a unique home from the ground up. The best thing about the project is that Nick, my husband, is the architect and developer so we have been able to go at our own pace, making every decision along the way. It's been both exciting and exhausting and now we are so ready to break ground and see this project come to life some place other than the computer screen (The photos are of the back and front of our lot.) We have one more step ahead of us before we can do so though. The neighborhood we are building in is historic and so we need to have our exterior design approved by a board to make sure the aesthetic is in line with the neighborhood. Nick has been working on that presentation every waking moment for the past several weeks. Fingers crossed we break ground mid-late March!

I'm really excited to use my blog as a place to document this journey. Design choices, interior aesthetic, the building process, budget, moving our family to the city- the whole shabang. Hopefully we can help answer questions about design and building if you are interested or in a similar position. Stay tuned!



10 COMMENTS:

  1. How exciting! Can't wait for more details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your posts! We are in the process of building our home in downtown Indy. We designed and now are very involved in the building process and will be finishing the home out ourselves after the drywall is up! We are getting our roof this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! I bet i'd have a ton of questions for you. Do you have a blog or Instagram where you documented your process? I'd love to peek!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to read your posts! We are in the process of building our home in downtown Indy. We designed and now are very involved in the building process and will be finishing the home out ourselves after the drywall is up! We are getting our roof this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Building a new home can be a fabulous experience. Of course, such a project comes with stress and anxiety. You can make the process less stressful by making early preparations. Planning for a new home can take up to a year. Read and research as much as you can to make the home building process less hectic.

    Doyle Hunt @ Real East Van

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for this Kristi! It seems intuitive but I feel like I have learned many of these lessons the hard way. Offering experienced Home Builders at lowest cost in waiheke island with good quality equipment.

    New kitchens Waiheke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Everyone,
    I'm from United Kingdom London, City(GB). I met this spell caster called Dr IyaryI of driayaryi2012@hotmail.com online and so many other, but i decided to go with this particular spell caster and this is about 2 weeks ago.I needed the spell caster to reunite me and my lover because she started behaving strange and a day came she text me and told me she cannot continue with the relationship anymore, that she just want to be alone.But a close friend of hers shows the guy to me that she was now dating.So i contacted this spell caster because i was totally heart broken and i smoked and get drunk till i could not even notice if am standing or lying.This spell caster told me not to worry, he gave me hope that am to have her again just like old times, and i provided all the requirements, and in just 5 days, my ex lover called me crying over the phone asking for me to forgive her for her stupid act, and she swore with her mother grave to love me and never hurt me again.This was what the spell caster earlier told me and it came after he has done the spell and that same night, my lover came back to the house to me. I have never seen spell as powerful as this but now, am convinced that Dr IyaryI is the best ever, You can contact him through him email address: driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. IyaryI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger