OFF SHE GOES

August 30, 2016

In exactly one week, my first baby will be starting Montessori preschool, two mornings a week. I cannot believe the time has come for my baby to go to school! Like seriously, 3.5 years has gone by already since that first time I held her tiny 5lbs body in my arms and said, 'Hi honey. I'm your mama. I love you so much.' Huh!? The thing is, I could not be more excited for her. She is so ready and SO excited to go - to make new friends, to explore her amazing classroom and to have teachers. She thinks she is a big shot and you know what? She is. She has grown from happy little baby to happy little 'big' girl and while she is not always the easiest thing now (hello threenager) she is pure joy.

The other really incredible thing for this mama is that she is starting her school career in the same exact classroom I taught in 3 years ago. Being the parent instead of teacher is so surreal and seeing her work in the same environment I prepared for all my little students years ago does my heart good. She has the most amazing teachers who I know will love her so well and nurture her little heart and mind. Knowing and loving her teachers makes this transition for me so much easier too. I love everything about her school and feel so good about how well it aligns with our family vision. We have the option to keep her there all the way through high school part time or full time and homeschool the rest. It is such a unique educational program and the fact that she can go to school AND be homeschooled makes me happier than you know. All the things that are good about school, she can experience still and all the things that are good about homeschool, she will experience too.

We are off today for her one on one work time with her teachers and then next week we start this new routine. I think it is going to be so good and I cannot wait to see my baby spread her little wings and fly. I'm so proud of you, Ru.

4 COMMENTS:

  1. Wow! So exciting! Ru's school sounds amazing...is it a branch (wondering if there are any in my area)? I would love to send my 10 month old daughter to a school like this when she is older.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! It is a wonderful place and unfortunately (or fortunately) it's independent :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lindsay - I stumbled onto your blog (& IG I think first) through a mutual friend. It may have been Melanie or Caren or ??? the circles of friends start overlapping a lot!! We just started at XU montessori this year after several years on the waiting list but have talked possible homeschooling/partial homeschooling in the future. Would love to know what school you landed at (with the part time option that goes thru high school??) and possibly connect up locally. Best of luck on the move as well.
    Cheers - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lindsay - I stumbled onto your blog (& IG I think first) through a mutual friend. It may have been Melanie or Caren or ??? the circles of friends start overlapping a lot!! We just started at XU montessori this year after several years on the waiting list but have talked possible homeschooling/partial homeschooling in the future. Would love to know what school you landed at (with the part time option that goes thru high school??) and possibly connect up locally. Best of luck on the move as well.
    Cheers - Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger