3 WEEKS TO GO

September 2, 2016

I can't believe our year of 'in between' is coming to and end. When we set out on this journey of transitioning from semi urban life to fully immersed downtown living over two years ago, we hoped for this time but it just seemed so far away. Two and a half years ago when we talked about wanting to live in the city, we would go back and forth and weigh all the pro's and cons. After a lot (a lot!) of discussion between ourselves and with friends, we decided to jump in and go for it. To be fair, it was mostly me who was on the fence about moving our family downtown (it's always been Nick's dream) but I decided to support Nick's dream and just commit to the experience and process. Also, how cool would it be to live in a home that was designed by Nick!? Isn't that any young architects dream? Once I made the decision it was so easy to get totally on board and have a ton of fun dreaming of what our life in the city would look like. Now, 2 plus years later, our house is nearly finished, there are boxes all over our rental, we have another human in our family and life just couldn't be sweeter. This little rental house has been nothing but wonderful for us while we finished the designing and building of our home and it honestly will be bittersweet to leave it but oh my goodness, the excitement of actually living in OUR home, the home we have dreamed of is overwhelming. Aside from being in a space that we have designed to be totally our own and decorate exactly as we want, we are also so excited to be able to walk everywhere (everywhere!) Parks, restaurants, coffee shops, work, friends houses, theaters, bars, all of it - we just cannot wait! We also have a driveway and our own backyard which is rare for downtown living and I'm just so grateful we were able to find a lot that allowed for us to have those spaces. For now I'm enjoying these last 3 weeks in our rental as much as I can amidst the boxes. It's been sweet but we're ready for this next chapter. Bring it on y'all. 

// Here are some construction photo's if you're interested. (If you follow me on IG you've already seen these.) Can't wait to share all the finished spaces here soon!

3 COMMENTS:

  1. I would be super jealous of you, but you're so grateful for all of this that it's just as fun to watch you enjoy :) I'm not an architect but I love architecture and houses. This lot is truly a dream. I hope you get to be there forever. --hello_tyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet. We ARE so grateful and are constantly asking ourselves how we get to do this? Thanks, Taylor :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Everyone,
    I'm from United Kingdom London, City(GB). I met this spell caster called Dr IyaryI of driayaryi2012@hotmail.com online and so many other, but i decided to go with this particular spell caster and this is about 2 weeks ago.I needed the spell caster to reunite me and my lover because she started behaving strange and a day came she text me and told me she cannot continue with the relationship anymore, that she just want to be alone.But a close friend of hers shows the guy to me that she was now dating.So i contacted this spell caster because i was totally heart broken and i smoked and get drunk till i could not even notice if am standing or lying.This spell caster told me not to worry, he gave me hope that am to have her again just like old times, and i provided all the requirements, and in just 5 days, my ex lover called me crying over the phone asking for me to forgive her for her stupid act, and she swore with her mother grave to love me and never hurt me again.This was what the spell caster earlier told me and it came after he has done the spell and that same night, my lover came back to the house to me. I have never seen spell as powerful as this but now, am convinced that Dr IyaryI is the best ever, You can contact him through him email address: driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. IyaryI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger