MOTHERHOOD, RIGHT NOW

October 12, 2016


Good grief is motherhood a doozy of a time. I mean is there anything on earth as amazing and terrible at the exact same time? Right now, motherhood for me looks like this:

One of my girls wakes up between 6:30 and 7 which means they both wake up between 6:30 and 7 which means we all wake up between 6:30 and 7.

Downstairs for breakfast, coffee, and usually a show or two while we ease into the day. I also usually reheat my coffee 87 times between the hours of 7 am 10 am.

Then up Wren and I go so I can get her down for her first nap. On the two mornings Ru has preschool we quickly change clothes, pack lunches and Wren takes her nap when we get home from drop off.

While Wreny naps, Ru and I usually play in the playroom together, do an art project or play something in the yard. We've been going through an incredibly frustrating few months where she will not do anything at home alone or in another room if me or Nick are not with her. It is extremely exhausting and we're trying to work with her on ways to make independent play fun and exciting. (I'm open to suggestions.)

When Wren wakes up I like to try to get out for errands or a walk or to the playground. Then lunch and usually another nap for Wren. Ru usually watches another show while I try to get her down for her afternoon nap. (It is the only thing she'll do alone and has been my saving grace during this season of mamahood.)

The hours of 3pm-6pm last 100 years and we are purely just trying to survive during this time frame. Somewhere in there I do usually get dinner cooked but the whole process is generally a shit show.

Bedtime starts between 6:30 and 7 for Wren and 7:30 for Ru so after dinner if we can sneak in a quick family walk we do and then the majority of our evening is spent trying to get children to sleep. Ru usually has no trouble at all (Thank the Heavens above) but Wren is possibly the world's worst baby sleeper and we've just accepted this fact and are trying to move on. I'm ready for her to be 3. (Kidding. Sort of.)

Then, maybe around 8 or 8:30 If i can keep my eyeballs open Nick and I might watch a show or have a drink on the couch together and chat. But usually I take a bath and go to bed because motherhood. I'll be up in an hour when Wren wakes up for the first of about 5 times throughout the night. (If there's important husband/wife info that needs discussing, I'll just email him tomorrow.) In the midst of my day of mothering, i'm also trying to finish unpacking and organizing our home and run a business. I'd be cool with a year long vacation if someone offered.

For real though, motherhood right now is hard. And good. But mostly hard. The most amazing thing is that I love their freaking guts and would take these days over anything else in the world. Ahhhh, motherhood.

9 COMMENTS:

  1. We ALL feel you mamma.. thank you for sharing and letting us know we are not alone! It is the hardest job we will ever do.. but the most rewarding. It truly is amazing how you are juggling so many things at the moment.. i feel exhausted just reading some of your blogs!
    My recent struggle has been getting my two (aged 6 and 3) to brush their teeth.. seriously sick of the sound of my own voice saying the same thing over and over again..then over again. We visited the dentist yesterday and they were both praised for their excellent oral hygiene and lovely behaviour - and suddenly it's ALL worth it. 2 very proud kids and one very proud mamma!
    Keep going mamma's !!!
    Sharlene, Scotland, UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying pairing the television with independent activities getting her used to working alone ...then gradually fade out the TV. (Sitting at desk coloring / independent bins)

    OR don't honor her first requests for you to play & wait it out a couple days til she gets the hang of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad I'm not the only one who can't stand the witching hour. 5:00 pm is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you still blog. Motherhood is the craziest and best thing. And also the most connecting. The long days can feel so isolating and then I read posts like this and remember that we are all far from alone. Tonight I was making supper and let my two year old watch PBS kids and instead she figured out how to purchase Paul Blart: Mall Cop (what?) - like how can you even be mad about that when clearly the bigger issue at hand is her questionable taste in films? ;) You're doing a great job. Long days, short years - I keep reminding myself of that. I've loved seeing glimpses of your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. paul blart: mall cop comment made me laugh out loud. haha

      Delete
  5. Oh Lordy I feel you. Hang in there mama! (And I do love that you still blog as well!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. I have a 2 y/o and 3.5 month old and I've now been conditioned to just pull a boob out when we sit down to eat because the only way I can have supper with my husband and oldest if if I'm nursing baby girl. Even if she literally just nursed?! Moming is so hard and so good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Everyone,
    I'm from United Kingdom London, City(GB). I met this spell caster called Dr IyaryI of driayaryi2012@hotmail.com online and so many other, but i decided to go with this particular spell caster and this is about 2 weeks ago.I needed the spell caster to reunite me and my lover because she started behaving strange and a day came she text me and told me she cannot continue with the relationship anymore, that she just want to be alone.But a close friend of hers shows the guy to me that she was now dating.So i contacted this spell caster because i was totally heart broken and i smoked and get drunk till i could not even notice if am standing or lying.This spell caster told me not to worry, he gave me hope that am to have her again just like old times, and i provided all the requirements, and in just 5 days, my ex lover called me crying over the phone asking for me to forgive her for her stupid act, and she swore with her mother grave to love me and never hurt me again.This was what the spell caster earlier told me and it came after he has done the spell and that same night, my lover came back to the house to me. I have never seen spell as powerful as this but now, am convinced that Dr IyaryI is the best ever, You can contact him through him email address: driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. IyaryI

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger