A WALDORF + MONTESSORI INSPIRED 'ROUTINE'

January 27, 2017

In the Waldorf community you will hear the word 'rhythm' a lot. I have loved learning more about what rhythm looks like and how to create a more Waldorf inspired environment in our days at home. At first I just thought, okay you're replacing the words 'routine' or 'schedule' with 'rhythm' and making it sound 'prettier.' And in a sense that is exactly what rhythm is but with more intention and that is the part of it I've fallen in love with. The point of creating daily rhythm is to slow down, create calm, encourage creativity and i'm sure the list could go on (I'm still learning.) For us, keeping to a schedule just meant we did x y and z at certain times of the day but there was no real intention or mindfulness behind any of it. Don't get me wrong, we still eat, nap, sleep at specific times but the freedom I've found through creating these natural rhythms has been so, so good for me and my girls in our days. And also, I'm still learning and struggling to find balance in creating these rhythms versus falling into old habits like having the TV on for my daughter while I'm cooking or putting the baby in for naps, etc. Another element that has been hard for us to work around is the fact that Ru does not like to play or work if i'm not with her AT ALL. We are a work in progress and I'd love to hear from others who are maybe on a similar journey.

So what does that actually look like? For me, our home environment is a huge part of it. No clutter, clean spaces (of course you can't focus so much on this aspect or you'll go crazy but it definitely helps set the tone,) soft music playing throughout a lot of the day (Renee and Jeremy are a favorite around here) a lot of creating through art, a lot of candles, involvement from my girl in preparing meals, washing dishes, taking care of plants and designated quiet times. As part of quiet time I just started having it start by making my daughter a cup of tea (which I got from other Waldorf mama's.) It's just a nice, quiet way to set the tone of quieting her body and she loves adding honey and stirring it. I often will turn on a show for her at this point in the day which I have a love hate relationship with but I just can't figure out another way for her to rest her body without needing me. I've tried a basket of books, some music, even just some coloring but she always ends up running wild with her imagination (which is not a bad thing!) and doesn't end up resting at all. We are working on it. (Also with that said, I am definitely in the camp of thinking a bit of TV is not the end of the world. She has honestly learned so much from shows like Daniel Tiger, Creative Galaxy, and sweet shows like Stella and Sam. So no shame there! :) Anywho....

How do I incorporate daily rhythm and Montessori idea's together? Well, a huge part of the Montessori philosophy rests in the idea of the prepared environment. I've talked a lot about this is the past but to touch on it again, for us this means my children have access to everything they need in a day without needing assistance from me. Their toys or 'work', snacks, water, their dishes and utensils, their clothing and shoes, etc. Ruthie finds so much joy from real life work and it helps me slow down and allow her to be independent. Sometimes that looks like 5 extra minutes to get shoes on but she is so confident and happy when she is able to do these sorts of tasks on her own. When we actually give our children the gift of independence, you will find they are so capable! I also love Montessori materials so we have quiet a bit of those in our play/work space. (I mention what we have out right now in this post.)

I'd love to hear what your days look like and what sorts of 'rhythms' you've created in your home.

11 COMMENTS:

  1. Hello! So I follow you on instagram (handle: mommyandIsabelly), and I follow your blog. I Just read all three of your recent postings and love them all! I especially loved the information the play space and this one about the home/daily rhythm. All of these ideas and concept sound so great for kids!

    Currently my 6 month old (Isabella) is not moving around on her own yet, and still requires my assistant for most of her play. When she does become able to do more things independently my hope is to adopt some of our own rhythms for our day to day, and now I'm very interested in creating a space for her like you have for your daughters. We do have some major construction happening in our home this coming year, but I feel like this is also going to be part of the plan towards creating a clean, simple space for our family.

    So, even though our day to day is a bit more routine now than a natural flowing rhythm, I'm hoping that after construction this year and Isabella becoming more independent, that it will free up my time to start creating a great space for the whole family, and in turn finding our rhythm.

    Thanks for sharing all this!
    -Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Best of luck! Sounds like you are on the right track to offering that sweet babe so much! lucky girl! Thanks for your thoughtful comment :)

      Delete
  2. Silly question: What kind of tea do you give her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, we've started "no show Wednesdays" with my 3-yr-old and I'm trying to make it so we spend the time together but in separate parts of the living/dining rooms. Like I'll read on the couch and she'll be painting with watercolors (which are the least messy/high-maintenance of her paints); playing with Play-doh, Legos, or puzzles; or any toy or game where she doesn't really need me. It's a work in progress though. When she can't settle down I try to have a backup thing to do together, like bake something or clean up the kitchen or prep food for tomorrow's dinner or whatnot. I really appreciate your blog and instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Everyone,
    I'm from United Kingdom London, City(GB). I met this spell caster called Dr IyaryI of driayaryi2012@hotmail.com online and so many other, but i decided to go with this particular spell caster and this is about 2 weeks ago.I needed the spell caster to reunite me and my lover because she started behaving strange and a day came she text me and told me she cannot continue with the relationship anymore, that she just want to be alone.But a close friend of hers shows the guy to me that she was now dating.So i contacted this spell caster because i was totally heart broken and i smoked and get drunk till i could not even notice if am standing or lying.This spell caster told me not to worry, he gave me hope that am to have her again just like old times, and i provided all the requirements, and in just 5 days, my ex lover called me crying over the phone asking for me to forgive her for her stupid act, and she swore with her mother grave to love me and never hurt me again.This was what the spell caster earlier told me and it came after he has done the spell and that same night, my lover came back to the house to me. I have never seen spell as powerful as this but now, am convinced that Dr IyaryI is the best ever, You can contact him through him email address: driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or driayaryi2012@hotmail.com or And also Reach him on WhatsApp Number: +2349057915709 Thanks Dr. IyaryI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Powerful Magic, Ring +2348139793075 This is the oldest, mystique and the most powerful magic rings and gemstones. This power organized by the great powerful magicians and greatly improved by the Pharaohs in Egypt.Call +2348139793075, The results of this ring are so great that this magic has now become well established. This power ring has got the powers of the angels of the seven planets. Now with this ring you will be the most powerful person in this whole world. This ring will affect your stars and will change you, give you success in love, business, make you look very attractive, protect you in your journey, it will prevent you from being fooled from other people, great miracles will come in your life, it will give you good luck and increase your personality, At the same time you will be the richest person in this world. You will dominate other peoples mind; change your bad luck into good luck. With this wonder ring you will even feel a powerful force protecting all, around you from evil powers, demons, witchcraft, black magic etc and even water and fire will not be able to harm you. All your enemies will become dumb and dare not talk bad about you. You will be the main source of attraction in every field... And so this powerful ring can do great wonders, some of the few examples that this wonder ring can do is: it will give you promotions in any field you want, always in examinations you will remember difficult answers, it will attract the opposite sex, whoever you want or wish will come to you, in business sky is the limit with this ring, any type of lotteries, pools, lotto's, bingo's etc will be won by you, you will be protected from black magic, evil powers, spirits etc so nobody will be able to talk bad about you and where ever you go you will be the center of attraction with this wonder power ring. The moment this ring is worn its powers in contact with the fingers produces a gentle current of light electricity which quickly circulates throughout every part of the body, blood, veins, muscles and tissues, recharges the whole system with powers-refills the nerve cells and every organ and destroys diseases, germs and bestows new energy and power to the weak body.
    contact Dr Ogudugu on, Cell & Whats-app +2348139793075.
    Email:greatogudugu@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing love spell that work fast. My husband is the love of my life and I’ve always been attracted to him. We’ll be married 17 years this June. Recently I found out he was having an affair with another woman for about a few months. I was devastated. I honestly didn’t think he was capable of that. At first when i confronted him he was sorry and said he still loved me and wanted to work things out. That they were just friends messing around but he’ll stop. I found it strange though that he wouldn’t cut him off even after I asked him to. Eventually I caught him again messaging each other and he basically made up his mind that he’s not happy in our marriage and wants to be with his girlfriend. I was crushed… I hope I’ll get over this. The pain really really sucks like a part of you is lost. It’s the whole “I love you but not in love with you thing”. I’m pretty sure he’s gonna want a divorce soon. We also have 2 kids and it’s tearing them apart:i have been crying all my life hoping my husband could change for good i love and adore my husband coz he mean the whole world to me, i have ask for help from different places but all they do is take my money with out any good result i was so frustrated that i was about to give up on him and fight to accept that he is gone forever. one very good morning i was chatting with a friend of my on facebook there i come across this amazing and wonderful testimony on how a lady got her ex back save her marriage with the help of love spell, generated and cast by Dr happy i was so very happy to see the good work of this spell caster so i directly and urgently email him, do all he ask of me and today by his power i can testify that my husband is back home again with out signing the divorce paper any more he really show me that there is a second chance in life am so very happy to have my husband back if you have any similar problem as my, fine it difficult to get pregnant, get your ex back and fix your broken marriage contact him http://happyspelltemple.webs.com/ for more details email.....happylovespell2@gmail.com or add him on whats-app +2348133873774

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are Ireland based major/Direct providers of Fresh Cut BG, SBLC, POF, MTN, Bonds and CDs and this financial instruments are specifically for lease and sale.We are one of the leading Financial instrument providers with offices all over Europe.
    we always deliver on time and precision as Set forth in the agreement. You are at liberty to engage our leased facilities into trade programs, project financing, Credit line enhancement, Corporate Loans (Business Start-up Loans or Business Expansion Loans), Equipment Procurement Loans (Industrial Equipment, Air crafts, Ships, etc.) as well as other financial instruments issued from AAA Rated bank such as HSBC Bank Hong Kong, HSBC Bank London, Deutsche Bank AG Frankfurt, Barclays Bank , Standard Chartered Bank and others on lease at the lowest available rates depending on the face value of the instrument needed, Our Terms and Conditions are reasonable.
    DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENTS:
    1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG)/SBLC (Appendix A)
    2. Total Face Value: 10M MIN to 50B MAX USD or Euro
    3. Issuing Bank: HSBC, Deutsche Bank Frankfurt, UBS or any Top 25 .
    4. Age: One Year, One Day
    5. Leasing Price: 4+ 1%
    6. Sale Price: 32+2%
    7. Delivery by SWIFT .
    8. Payment: MT103-23
    9. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.
    If you have need for Corporate loans, International project funding, etc. or if you have a client that requires funding for his project or business, We are also affiliated with lenders who specialize on funding against financial instruments, such as BG, SBLC, POF or MTN, we fund 100% of the face value of the financial instrument.
    Inquiries from agents/ brokers/ intermediaries are also welcomed; do get back to us if you are interested in any of our services and for quality service.
    Name : Ciaran Sheridan
    E-mail : ciaransheridan453@gmail.com
    Skype id : ciaransheridan453@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. All thanks to this great man called Dr Agbazara the great spell caster that bring back the joy in me by helping me to bring back my lover who break up with me Four months ago but now with me with the help of Dr Agbazara the great love spell caster. All thanks goes to him you can also contact him for help if you need him in times oof troubles via: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) you can also Whatsapp on this Number +2348104102662

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger