EIGHT MONTHS OLD

October 2, 2013

photophoto2
My little monkey girl. Today you are eight months old. Hooray! Can you believe we've only been together for a measly 8 months? It feels like we've belonged together all along, doesn't it? I can certainly remember the time before there was you and although your papa and I were happy with our little life, it seems like the years, months and days before you came into our hearts were just part of the path that would lead us to you and you to us. While I look back on the days of just your papa and I with fondness, I wouldn't go back for even a second if it meant you were not there with us.

I always feel like this time of year is when things start to speed by and before we know it, I'll be writing to you as a 1 year old. I am truly cherishing each month with you and the changes, phases, and cycles they bring into our lives. Right now you are just so fun (although I know I say that each month- it's true. You are so darn fun!) You are into everything and don't miss a beat. The smallest sound in the house, or outside stops you in your tracks so you can turn to see what you could be missing. Which brings me to your naps. You are now entering the stage where you can't bear to be away from me (or anyone.) so instead of napping, you don't. You are the 8 month old baby who plays all. day. long. Thankfully you aren't cranky without daytime naps. You couldn't be any sweeter and well mannered. Although you have learned to scream (at very high volumes) when you aren't getting enough attention or when you are frustrated. So that's fun. You enjoy the heck out of the swings at the park now and taking walks in your red stroller. Not so much your black one. You really are the happiest baby I ever did know.

I am doing my best to be the mom you so deserve. I have been thinking so much lately about what I want you to learn from me and at the very top of my list is for you to deeply connect with people and the outdoors as you grow. I do not want you to see me in front of a screen as much as you do and so this is my promise to you. I will not feel frustrated with you when you don't nap so I can get work done. Instead I will cherish these sweet days together and remind myself business can wait, you cannot. There is plenty of time to work in the evenings once you have gone to sleep. Letting go of to do lists and being present with you, truly present is a promise I will not break. I love you so much it hurts. I know that sounds silly but it's true. There is a physical ache (the good kind) in my heart when I think of you which is nearly every second of every day. Thank you for blessing me with the gift of being YOUR mama. I've never been so sure about anything in my life.

11 COMMENTS:

  1. This. All of this! I couldn't agree with you more. I struggle with wanting to work but always putting my work aside because I feel such a heavy guilt if I ever deny my daughter a minute of time. They're only babies for so long. My little girl is 2 and she's at such a fun stage, but reading this made me miss the 6-9 month time frame... it was my favorite of the baby stages. Enjoy every second! She's adorable, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Brad! It's true. They are only little once. I don't want to think back on these days and wish I would have done it differently.

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to be a mum and feel all of this! Congrats on the 8 months you already got to spend with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. It is pretty great! You have a lot to look forward to one day :)

      Delete
  3. oh lady...i so badly needed to read this last paragraph! such an important reminder. "i am doing my best to be the mom you deserve." thank you for saying it so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been on my heart. I know she's so tiny but she watches everything I do and I want her to always know that she is my priority. Not work, this blog, or other projects. those don't hold a candle to her.

      Delete

Thank you for coming by and taking the time to comment. Have a wonderful day!

 

© OUR CITY HOUSE All rights reserved. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger